Held- September 23-24, 2016
Mount Carmel Education Center
7277 Smith’s Mill Road
New Albany, OH 43054
Thank you for participating in this Post Program Survey. Your feedback is important and will help shape future programs.
1. In a patient with oromandibular dystonia, electromyographic (EMG) assisted guidance for a botulinum toxin injection may be most helpful in localization of which muscle?
A. The masseter muscle
B. The temporalis muscle
C. The lateral pterygoid muscle
D. The sternocleidomastoid muscle
2. The International Classification of Headache Disorders, edition 3 recognizes Temporomandibular (TMD) Headaches as having the following characteristics:
A. A headache associated with dental caries and/or periodontal disease
B. A headache associated with the function of the musculoskeletal structures of the masticatory system
C. A headache associated with trigeminally innervated structures
D. The ICHD #3 does not recognize a TMD headache
3. In which conditions with neck pain has botulinum toxin show clear benefit:
A. Myofacial Pain Syndrome
B. Cervicogenic Headache
C. Cervical Dystonia
D. Whiplash Injury
E. All of the above
4. Which of the following therapies for migraine headaches have received US Food and Drug Administration approval and are available as of September 2016:
A. Inhaled dihydroergotamine mesylate (DHE), inhaled zolmitriptan, zolmitriptan skin patch
B. Non-invasive vagal nerve stimulator, caloric vestibular stimulator, inhaled oxytocin
C. Sumatriptan epi-pen, inhaled sumatriptan, non-invasive sphenopalatine ganglion (SPG) stimulator
D. Sumatriptan generic autoinjector, Sumatriptan breath powered dry nasal powder, transcutaneous supraorbital neurostimulator
E. All of the above
5. Which of the following allergies had not been demonstrated to increase the frequency of migraine headaches?
A. Allergic rhinitis
B. Nonallergic rhinitis
C. Chronic rhino sinusitis
D. A greater percentage of positive allergens on allergy testing in patients with allergic rhinitis
E. Mold allergy
6. Which of the following neuropathic pain disorders have had several randomized, controlled clinical trials supporting the use of botulinum toxin A for treatment?
A. Tolosa-Hunt syndrome
B. Trigeminal neuralgia
C. Persistent idiopathic facial pain
D. Glossopharyngeal neuralgia
E. Eagle syndrome
7. Which of the following criteria are included in the current Child Neurology Society guidelines for obtaining magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in pediatric headaches?
A. History of recent concussion
B. Absence of family history of migraine
C. Headaches with nausea and vomiting
D. Occipital location of headaches
8. What is the correct CPT for chemodenervation of right upper extremity muscles including biceps, pronator teres, and pectoralis major?
9. A 25 year old woman presents to the emergency department with a 3 day migraine typical of her usual headache. Although she usually gets relief with rizatriptan, it did not work this morning and pain is severe with associated nausea. Which of the following medications is the best abortive treatment option for her?
A. SQ Sumatriptan
B. IV dihydroergotamine (DHE)
C. IV valproate sodium
D. IV prochlorperazine
E. IV dexamethasone
This iframe contains the logic required to handle Ajax powered Gravity Forms.